The Department of Information Technology (DIT) of Moscow is the one responsible for all innovation implementation.
Actually, Moscow is one of the most technically developed cities, where you can get a lot of services online.
The first serious step in urban informatization was the Electronic Moscow program. In institutions, clinics, schools, computers appear, a "network" is built, printers are connected, and the endless paperwork in the executive authorities is replaced by digital document circulation.
The more serious program "Information City" starts next. It helped to automate and speed up the work of all industries: from education to construction, from housing and communal services to security. From that moment on, the city begins to provide residents with infrastructure and services that make life more convenient in it.
- Portal of city services integrated with mos.ru. Today over 250 services are offered electronically
- Unified Medical Information and Analytical System (UMIAS). Now you can make an appointment with a doctor online. The beginning of the transition of medical records to electronic form.
- Portal "Our City", where residents can leave complaints about the improvement - holes on the roads, garbage or uncleared snow, and so on
- Video surveillance. Today 160 thousand cameras are connected to it: on the roads, in yards and entrances, in crowded places - this is one of the largest video surveillance networks in the world
- Free city Wi-Fi. Today Moscow_WiFi_Free covers the Garden Ring, city parks, student dormitories and cultural facilities
- Voting system "Active Citizen", where every resident can take part in important city polls and influence the initiatives of the Moscow Government
- the Moscow Electronic School (MES) project. The usual whiteboards are replaced by interactive panels, outdated paper diaries and journals are being replaced by electronic ones, video surveillance is organized, turnstiles are installed at the entrance, high-speed Internet is installed, notebooks for teachers are issued, a virtual library with lesson scripts and educational materials is launched
Ahead is a new program of digital development "Smart City 2030" which would improve computer vision, use the capabilities of AI, VR / AR, blockchain, 5G for the development of the city.